Friday, August 12, 2011

Salve, nomen mihi est Camilla

Well, here is the requisite first blog post, introducing the author (hello!), stating the purpose of the blog (I haven't really figured that out yet), and explaining the title of the blog (Latin, attr. Hannibal, (Punic), but I'm not going to tell you what it means, google it). For lack of a better title for this post, this is the greeting I used to introduce myself for five years while a Latin student [Hello, my name is Camilla]... with my Latin name (it's very yellow, don't you think?).

I'm not sure what this blog will be about, but hopefully it will cover an array of things I run into. People have been telling me to write a food blog for quite a few years (since culinary school in New Zealand in '05), but I'm not sure I cook enough to make that worthwhile. However, I am going to be joining the graduate co-op here in Berkeley in a week (HiP, or later referred to as a random combination of those letters and capitalizations). That should provide one source of fodder for the foodie in all of us, since my work shift will primarily be planning and leading dinner for 50 or so once every two weeks. Ah, the foray into vegan cooking! And it looks like I'm going to be spearheading the First Congregational Church of Berkeley Cafe this fall, once again... and I'm going to try to land myself an internship at Chez Panisse if I can manage it, since this year I'm not being paid by NSF.

I do love living in Berkeley.


1 comment:

  1. I am looking forward to seeing this blog develop... Reminds me I need to get some life back into my old site http://themelb.org.au

    ReplyDelete